Vision / Mission
Our goal is to to bring awareness and empower gender equality by balancing the economic, political, social and employment conditions for gender equality in Canada.
The Coalition to Empower Gender Equality
The Coalition to Empower Gender Equality (CEGE) is a non-sectarian, non-profit, and non-partisan organization that works to empower all genders to achieve gender justice in our society. We provide a connection for individuals, organizations, businesses and government to discuss issues of inequality and create solutions. Through this process we provide a training ground for developing gender equality in a safe and supportive environment. This enables members to build skills, networks and create an equal society free from discrimination.
The Coalition to Empower Gender Equality (CEGE) was founded in 2019, by the Canadian Federation of University Women – London, through funding by the Ministry of Women and Gender Equality Canada. Our mission, vision, values and goals guide us to our ultimate goal which is to achieve a gender equal society.
Our Mission is
Achieve Gender Justice
Our Vision is
A community where all genders equally share the burdens, responsibilities and rewards of our institutions and systems to have equal status in our society
Our Goals are
- Challenge gender related systemic barriers
- Confront sexist thinking, internalized oppression
- Practice critical self reflection
- Raise consciousness and expectations
- Identify and challenge exclusions and stereotypes
- End sexism, exploitation, and oppression in all its forms
- Equal access
- Collaboration and community engagement
- Intentional inclusion
- Active participation in positive social change