The Gender Equality Coalition of Ontario
Annual Gender Equality Trailblazer Award
The Gender Equality Coalition of Ontario is a non-sectarian, non-profit, and non-partisan organization that works to empower all genders to achieve gender justice in our society.
The Gender Equality Trailblazer award will be given to an individual in our community who has demonstrated a commitment to Gender Justice. We will look at advocacy and awareness activities aimed at creating a more gender equal community. The nomination period is open from July – September. The recognition will be awarded in late October honouring Women’s History Month.
What does the award include?
The Gender Equality Trailblazer Award will consist of:
- A framed certificate
- An award engraved with the Gender Equality Coalition of Ontario name and logo, the name of the recipient and the year.
What are the criteria for nominees?
The nominee must:
- Advanced a gender equality cause in our community
- Challenges Gender-related systemic barriers
- Practices critical self-reflection to help better their work
- Raise consciousness and expectations of those around them
- Identify and challenge exclusions and stereotypes
What does the nomination package include?
The nomination package must include:
- Nomination form signed completed by the nominator
- Completed 250-word testimonial describing the nominee’s achievements and contributions to gender equality in our community.
- Advocacy summary
- Nominee bio
- Additional recommendation letters (optional)
If you know a Trailblazer in our community, please send the required information to the Gender Equality Coalition of Ontario Nomination Committee by Sept 28th, 2021.